General — TransplantLyfe

General

Muscle wasting seminar on Fri

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
December 6, 2023 in General

I lost a lot of weight after my surgery - it happened over weeks and most of it affected my muscles….

We are doing a seminar on Fri about this issue - cachexia or muscle wasting - please register and join us!

https://cancerlyfe.com/webinars?fbclid=PAAaarMpvxYrghCs_QAYDPuPmmAEChtUblMrh82ZNKS6iRyCZ_-Y5uoai2N_Y_aem_AV2Bh82kzJk1SfyRkTJE7Tl9e-diAAZBZVieHcGxTN5hdLBc2ab3VFiWGemoEqygovY

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• TServoldTransplant Patient

I wanted to watch this live and had a conflict. I am looking forward to the replay!

I didn't notice a lot of muscle wasting after transplant that I immediately noticed. Now that reflect back I do remember feeling weak in my legs and arms about a month after surgery. Simple tasks such as walking up the stars quickly were more difficult than they should have been especially after my incision was mostly healed. I also remember being alarmed at how our of breath I was from simple walks.

December 9, 2023
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I had lost a lot of weight after TP to, lost muscle mass, my surgeon told me I want u to walk every day after TP did not matter how much but keep moving don’t just sit. I was an avid walker b/f my TP so it might have been a little easier for me to keep moving. I have had SOB still after 3yrs. which bothers me. I have mentioned it to my TP team they tell me could be from meds. “Frustrating” but I am still walking moving😊

December 9, 2023