General — TransplantLyfe

General

Did you know?

TServoldTransplant Patient
January 10, 2024 in General

Lyfebulb is now offering a free virtual support group.

The group will meet twice a month with planned discussion topics to support patients before, during and after the transplant procedure. This safe and confidential chat with peers will be moderated by a TransplantLyfe Community Manager. Come join us to have your questions* answered by peer mentors and meet fellow transplant recipients. The group is open to those waiting for a transplant, going through the process and those who have received their transplant. Care partners of patients are welcome to join as well.

Our community managers @AliEm14 and @Sdey0522 host them. I will let them introduce themselves below.

Click below to register for the upcoming sessions. I know, personally, I am really looking forward to meeting everyone I have interacted with online. https://transplantlyfe.com/landing/supportgroups

* These sessions are intended for non-medical advice. Please consult your provider for medical-related questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

Hi @TServold 👋🏽

Indeed, Transplant Support Groups are being offerred by TransplantLyfe, with the first one scheduled for 6:30 PM EST on Tuesday, January 16th.

TO REGISTER:see below:⬇️

I have the privilege of hosting this session. I would love to meet fellow TransplantLyfe members (as well as "new" folks who may have joined recently), during the sessions.

To know more about me, please visit the portal's YouTube channel at: ⬇️

https://youtu.be/2kEFXvSLXgc?si=N7O55slmwpWe_V99

Thank you & hoping to see you on ZoomLand!

January 11, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Yes! I’m so excited about this!

I’m pretty sure you all know who I am at this point (I’m around, a lot, and I love meeting new people and having conversations) but I’m Alisha and support groups are kinda my jam. I know some of you have done groups with me before and if you haven’t yet I hope to see you there! I had 2 back to back liver transplants in 2020. I live in Canada, where it’s called the great white north for a reason and currently in the -40s, and I work in somatics, embodiment and grief specifically as they relate to chronic illness, medical trauma and embodied stories. And you can usually find me with a cup of coffee in hand. Like @Sdey0522 mentioned we have support groups twice a month, and I’ll be spearheading the conversation every last Wednesday. I can’t wait to see you there!

January 11, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Sdey0522 , @AliEm14

I am really looking forward to the support groups!

January 13, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

These groups are going to help so many people. Such a wonderful idea. Excited to join them.

January 14, 2024
  • Sdey0522Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Deb I'm looking forward to meeting/seeing you during the Virtual Support Group session on Jan 16th at 6:30 PM EST. I will greatly appreciate if you kindly spread the word amongst your network of folks connected to Transplantation. Thank you! - Sam.

January 16, 2024