Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Hobbies

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
Updated May 21, 2021 in Kidney

Hi everyone!! I'm Jeanmarie. I had a kidney transplant 15 years ago 😊 I have a huge passion for photography! It's my creative outlet. Its become even more important for my mental health during the pandemic. What are some of all your favorite hobbies? 

Tagged:

1 - 16 of 16 Replies

• osideguyOther

Wow those are some real nice pics , do you sell some of them ? Its hard these days with the covid thing going on . But i meet up with friends and attend a local Church . I am glad to hear you are doing good 15 years later , thank God . I am getting ready for my procedure in a couple of weeks and praying and trusting that it will all gos well . Take care and keep on taken nice pictures

February 4, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Amazing photos, you should sell those? I haven’t found a hobby yet. I love to bake but that’s not good for me trying to be healthier. I’ve never had free time on my hands like I do now but what you do is amazing and your survival is promising for others.

February 4, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Thank you so much! No, I do not sell them. I have thought about it. Maybe sometime in the future. Church activities are always awesome!

February 5, 2021

Wow! That is so cool! I will definitely check this out! Thank you so much for sharing!

February 5, 2021

I've thought about selling them. Maybe in the future. Baking is fun too! Maybe bake for neighbors or friends and then save yourself a couple? I follow a girl named: Chocolate Covered Katie. And she bakes healthy desserts. Maybe that might be of interest?

February 5, 2021
  • osideguyOther

well my name is Ruben and i cant get over those nice pics , keep taken pics !

February 5, 2021
  • TaylorCTransplant Patient

Beautiful photos !

February 5, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Thank you great ideas. I do share lots of my goodies I bake and now I’m learning to make bread. My husband is a fire fighter s I always have the fire house to share my baked goods with. Keep sharing those photos.

February 5, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love this! I got into photography after my transplant as a creative outlet and way to express myself. I'm a writer, but I found finding the right words after surgery was so challenging, and still with my meds I deal with the dreaded brain fog which totally steals my ability to form coherent sentences sometimes, so I love with photography I can point and shoot and tell a story visually.

I've also really gotten into design, aesthetics, putting things together and creating some kind of beautiful spread or room or event... Pinterest has become my best friend!

February 5, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

Those pictures are amazing! I would love to get into photography, but don't know where to start. I do love taking pictures of nature on my phone, but sometimes that does not cut it.

I love to be outside. Whether it is hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, camping, and now my new love of snowshoeing. It is sometimes hard to get outside in this Wisconsin weather, but I make the best of it. I think being outside has brought a new perspective to me after transplant. There is just so much to love about nature. I am wanting to do a few road trips (ex: Colorado or the Grand Canyon) and hoping to do those safely by next Spring.

I have also found myself reading more books about transplant. If anyone is looking for a good book, let me know!

February 5, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

I would love suggestions on books to read. Thank you!

February 5, 2021
  • osideguyOther

Ok

February 5, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@Jeanmarie Beautiful Photos! I love seeing all the photos you post. After my transplant I got into baking. I really enjoy making sweet treats for others.

February 5, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

That cake looks amazing!!

February 6, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@Deb Thank you!

February 6, 2021