General — TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Mail

bhameisterTransplant Patient
Updated May 27, 2021 in General

Hello,

I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone else love receiving mail? It defiantly puts a smile on my face even in the toughest times. Would anyone be interested in this? It would be very simple...postcard, hand written note, or even a handmade card. It is just another great way for others to connect and get mail from all over the US or even world.

Brittney

Tagged:

1 - 12 of 12 Replies

• osideguyOther

Hi , helps to talk to other people so keep intouch , my name is Ruben

February 5, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@bhameister Hi Brittney! My name is Amanda and I had a heart transplant 17 years ago. I love this idea and I’m totally interested.

February 5, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I also love this idea! If there is enough people interested, I feel like we could do a whole card exchange program. I'm part of another group and we send cards to one another around the holidays and special anniversaries and it's so nice to receive that extra touch and know someone is thinking about you during a hard time

February 8, 2021
  • TaylorCTransplant Patient

Hi my names Taylor and I'm from Canada, I'm currently on the transplant list for a new liver, and I absolutley love this idea Brittney! Its nice to hear from other people who are going though similar experiences.

February 8, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

Hi Taylor! Awesome. I was in your shoes this time last year and was on the transplant list for 16 days. If you would like, you can PM your address and I will send you a card/letter!

February 8, 2021

That card exchange program idea sounds awesome! We could start that up if we get enough people interested. How do you get address in the other group? Do you make them public for others to see?

February 8, 2021

Hi Amanda! Awesome! If you PM me your address, I will send you a card/postcard/letter. Also someone else that posted on this thread gave an idea of a card exchange program (see above). I am going to learn more about that and maybe get that up and going.

February 8, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I've had it where we all just input them into a google doc along with our significant dates and send them that way, or one person just collects all the information and then randomly matches people

February 8, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Great idea - I also like receiving mail - every day I walk to the mailbox and all I see are bills - and ads. How about sharing some photos here? In the thread or through a group? Maybe we can create a pen pal group??

@kashkn ???

February 9, 2021
  • kashknCare Partner

Great idea, @Karin ! We can definitely integrate the ability to create groups on TransplantLyfe into our technical updates and timeline. :)

February 9, 2021
  • osideguyOther

Hi , .my name is Ruben and would like to meet friends on here . I am waiting for this Liver procedure but does get lonely in my room as this is all new to me. Well good luck with everyone on here . Thank you for your time

February 9, 2021

I think a penpal group would be great! And if it can be made into a group here within the technical updates that would be awesome! Would exchanging addresses be the best way to go about it for now

February 10, 2021