General — TransplantLyfe

General

Medical narratives

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
February 8, 2024 in General

If you missed it, in my webinar interview yesterday I talked about the power of rewriting your story, how you can go in and influence memories of traumatic events after and shift them to create feelings of empowerment and being supported.

I’d love to know what you thought. Have you heard it? Do you agree?

also I mentioned this article I wrote, about my first transplant from a living donor, and I’ve linked that below in case you missed it.

https://ars-medica.ca/index.php/journal/article/view/2123/423

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Your webinar interview was excellent! I love the way you heal your mind and body. I learned so much from you. The article you shared is so great! Thank you for sharing that. The complex emotions we feel from living donation are not talked about enough. Thank you for sharing yourself with everyone. I enjoy getting to know you. You are amazing!

February 9, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi AliEm I just listened to your webinar totally agree w/Jeanmarie thank you 💚❤️ your way of putting things into words that make sense to me. I have not been able to get the article to come thru yet will keep trying. I think you have figured it out to get thru such a difficult time in your life.

February 10, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Melsamm thank you, but I definitely don't have it figured out! I think we're all just doing the best we know how, and I'm happy to share what I've learned works for me in hopes that it can help someone else too.

The article is a lot (it was for me too to write it) so take your time. We so often paint these pretty stories, and whenever someone shakes that box it can start to open things we weren't aware of before, and that takes time to be able to work through. I think that's part of why its so powerful to tell the messy sides of our stories, but also to give ourselves so much grace

February 12, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

AliEm you r definitely on the right course to figuring it out . Your way of articulating expressing all you have been thru I know is going to continue to help many TP patients.💚 Thank you,

February 14, 2024