General — TransplantLyfe

General

Medication blog post

TServoldTransplant Patient
February 27, 2024 in General

Did you all see @Jeanmarie 's blog post on Medications? What tools do you use to keep yourself successful? I just bought myself a new "fancy" (its pretty) pill case.

Check out the blog post here! https://transplantlyfe.com/education/blog/transplant-and-managing-medications

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am glad you found the post helpful! What kind of case did you end up buying?

February 28, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I got a Vera Bradley "Large Pill Case". I am a huge fan of Vera Bradley bags and this one was on sale. It is designed for 4 times a day (Morning, mid-day, afternoon, evening) since I only take meds twice a day I fill all the slots and use it for two weeks at a time. This one also zips shut which I found to be super helpful. If I am traveling I tend to put my pill case into a ziplock bag and this is a little more put together. It looks like the image below.

February 28, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@TServold mine is similar to that! I do 2 weeks at a time, and I love having the days because it serves as my reminder if I actually took my meds or if I just thought I did! Also super easy to slide out a pouch to keep in my purse if we’re on the go

February 28, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

It’s so funny I just read this and the blog and yesterday added new pill box to my shopping list. I love the Vera Bradly one. I may wait until we go on vacation to get one, there’s a VB outlet there. Loved the blog

February 28, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

I actually have the one @Jeanmarie shared in the blog post and it's been a game-changer of the past year or so! Not that I forgot to take my medications at all, but I did (too often) find myself asking "DID I actually take them this morning?" and I didn't want any more of that hesitation... 🙈

February 29, 2024
  • fern22Transplant Patient

I use Dosey!!

Super cute and discreet. https://dosey.com/

February 29, 2024