General — TransplantLyfe

General

Therapy and Support

Augusto885Transplant Patient
Updated March 15, 2024 in General

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@coopscadoop maybe you could provide some insight here from a logistics perspective?

i personally have mental health supports from a lot of different areas, and a lot of the people I support as a doula and coach have therapist/social worker support as well. My question would be what support is it you were hoping the therapist would provide (other than proximity to you, which is also very important) and what are other ways you can access that support? Online support is great and accessible for a lot of people, and that can include things like support groups (we at TransplantLyfe have a few every month and you can find out about those under our education tab) or zoom calls/phone calls with a therapist, coach or other practitioner.

March 11, 2024
  • Augusto885Transplant Patient

March 11, 2024
  • SDevenTransplant Patient

I’ve been faithfully meeting with an individual therapist on a weekly basis for one year. We speak virtually and it’s just what I need. She has given me ideas and techniques for coping and understanding life and has helped me to see that sometimes I’m an all or nothing person and it doesn’t have to be that way. I’ve grown so much in the past year not only through walking through kidney failure and now Transplant, but also through the therapeutic process which I am grateful for

March 16, 2024