General — TransplantLyfe

General

Hydration Check In

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
March 12, 2024 in General

How are you doing with drinking water daily? Any suggestions to help others meet their daily goals.

Tagged:

1 - 12 of 12 Replies

• MaryRTransplant Patient

I'm doing really great. I drink about 100 oz/day. However when I found out I had chronic kidney disease about 20+ yrs prior to my transplant, I started drinking water...lots of it. My drs feel this is probably one of the reasons I stayed off dialysis & transplant list for many years.

March 13, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@MaryR that is awesome…. Prior to transplant I was not a fan of water but now we are buddies

March 13, 2024
  • MaryRTransplant Patient

Keep up the good work.

March 13, 2024

@MaryR thank you and the same to you

March 13, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I try to drink all I can but some days I need a more flavored drink. I’ve tried adding lemons and limes but still not what I was looking for. I love tea but being a southern gal I like it sweet!! Thank you for reminding me to drink more water.

March 13, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi, try crystal light. I like the wild strawberry 🍓 flavor.

March 13, 2024

@ Deb You got this. I love sweet tea also …. I spread my water throughout the day to get it all in

March 13, 2024

@Melsamm Tgat is a great idea

March 13, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Have you tried Jordan's Skinny Mixes? They have a sugar free simple syrup that makes a decent sweet tea. I grew up in Texas (many years ago), and its not the same as the sweet sun tea that my neighbor used to make but its a close alternative. I also like several of their other flavors like the Meyer Raspberry Lemon. Just a little splash in my big water bottle sometimes makes a difference if I am finding myself bored of plain water.

https://www.skinnymixes.com/products/sugar-free-simple-syrup

March 13, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

What a great question @Ldybug97

I’ve always struggled with drinking enough water. I find if I drink it hot and sip it like tea throughout the day, I actually drink a lot more. I find warm beverages comforting and soothing, and during the winter here its a lot easier to drink something hot over something cold

March 13, 2024

@AliEm14 I definitely agree. My water is always room temperature unless it is hotter weather. In the Summer. I put in the fridge to give it a little chill

March 13, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

This is great to get some ideas to keep us hydrated. I like Tservold am SICK of plain water.

March 13, 2024