General — TransplantLyfe

General

Adovacy

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
March 27, 2024 in General

I want to pay it forward and make a difference from the Gift of Organ Donation. I had the idea of hosting a fundraiser and all the proceeds will be donated to Hackensack University Medical Center Patient Assistance Fund. a few members of our support group and other Transplant patients who may not be a part of the forum will be in attendance. If you’re in the New York New Jersey area you would like to attend. I have attached the information. There will also be donors in the room and we will be having Information session with materials and members of our Transplant team to talk about the importance of Organ

donation

Tagged:

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Nice idea! There are so many worthy efforts / can you share a bit more about this one??

March 28, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@Karin I know I was given the greatest gift ever, especially surrounding the circumstance of why I needed a transplant right away. I felt the need to do something to help someone else because I’m very fortunate to have been a school teacher for 15 years not have one medical bill that came out of my ordeal. my social worker at the hospital connected me with the foundation, and we created a page for me to tell my story and people could make donations. When I first started, I did not think it would grow to the magnitude of what it has. There will be Transplant recipients from the Support group other recipients who have heard about the fundraiser. Here is the link to the foundation page which will provide you with a little bit more detail directly to The patient fund in the Organ Transplant Division. I have also been in contact with the New Jersey Sharing Network and they provided me with materials On becoming an organ donor and my transplant, surgeon will be there to speak about it. The video that Lyfebulb created will be played and we will hand out patient cards there https://give.hackensackmeridianhealth.org/site/TR;jsessionid=00000000.app20017b?px=2399742&fr_id=1771&pg=personal&NONCE_TOKEN=1100BF6DA6AAA0617BB47B6C6A2174A7

March 28, 2024