General — TransplantLyfe

General

Living Donor Day

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
April 4, 2024 in General

Today is Living donor day! I wanted to extend my deepest gratitude to my Dad who donated his kidney to me 18 years ago! And a huge thank you to all living donors that selflessly donated an organ to keep us alive! It is an incredibly special gift. Thank you 💗 Below is a photo of my Dad and I. Anyone else have a living donor?

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Happy living donor day to you and your dad @Jeanmarie !

I honored my dad and sister today by staying positive and continuing to advocate for better drugs to preserve our living donor organs!!

April 4, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Hi Jeanmarie What a special bond. Happy living donor day💙

April 4, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

@Jeanmarie, happy living donor day. All my siblings wanted to donate part of their livers but my acute liver failure occurred so fast they were told that only a cadaver liver would work because my progression was too far past the point of a partial liver. I still can picture my youngest Sister being told this information ( she learned exactly when I learned ) by the Doctors. She was super aggressive with the Doctors n basically said “alright let’s get this started I’m ready to get tested right now”. And then the Doctors had to tell her that option was off the table because I was too sick for a partial liver donation. I’ll never forget it, my Sister literally appeared that she got punched in the stomach. That’s love. And @Jeanmarie, that’s what your Father has for you, Love. Thank you @Jeanmarie’s Father for being on this earth to save your daughter and also to let us get to know @Jeanmarie. And now she helps us.

April 5, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Oh wow! I can't even imagine how your sister felt. Thank you for sharing that experience. I am sure it was not easy at all for both of you. I am sure she was absolutely devastated. I did not know that if you are too sick you cannot receive a liver from a living donor. Makes sense though. I am so happy you received one and that you are a part of our community!

April 5, 2024