General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant Nurses Week

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
April 22, 2024 in General

it is Transplant Nurses Week. is there a special memory you have with your nurses or a special way you are choosing to honor one of your nurses.

I may be a little biased that have the best nurses at Hackensack University, Medical Center. I could never put a value on them helping to save my life. I have a very close relationship with them. I actually made them pillowcases with their name on it. I will get to see them later this week and I will bring them flowers with a card.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

What a great question… I had 3 that really stand out in my mind. One was with me almost every appointment prior to transplant and even visited me afterwards. Super nice girl who has since been promoted twice in the transplant center. The other 2 were my recovery nurses. One was a young man I had in ICU and he was amazing. He made me laugh a lot and at night he would sit in my room and talk to me. The last one was my nurse once I was moved to a regular room. She was the same very personable young lady, her name was Mary and I’ve tried to find her several times since my transplant but she was off or in another area. She changed her schedule to be with me my last 2 days there and got me checked out. I was extremely lucky to have the best care by all the nurses and assistants. I can’t thank them enough. My transplant was at VCU Medical Center in Richmond Va.

April 22, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I had great care also the gentleman that took care of me in ICU was Chris exceptional care. I had my TP during Covid so the TP floor did not have a lot of interaction bc of that. The nurses,PT are the best. I am grateful to each and every one Nurses rock for sure. It is definitely a calling💚

April 22, 2024