General — TransplantLyfe

General

Lyfetalks -Donate Life Month Episode

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
April 25, 2024 in General

Check out this amazing podcast about the importance of Organ Donation and how Transplantation has impacted the lives of 7 members of our community.

1 - 14 of 14 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I am so happy you liked it!

It was a fun one to record with some amazing humans in this community: @TServold , @AliEm14, @Denise_R, @Berriosa1234, @Kouimet, @Inka

Thank you to everyone who helped with this! It turned out so great!

April 25, 2024
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

We loved being a part of this important conversation!

April 29, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I just shared with a friend. She needs to hear anything and everything positive I can share with her. She’s struggling and I’m not sure how to help her other than offer all the encouraging words she can get. Thank you!!!!!

April 29, 2024

Hi Deb! Thanks for sharing and thank you for being such a good friend during a hard time for her. Transplant life is an adventure for sure and we all need some support along the way - is she plugged in here? Or somewhere else?

April 30, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Denise_R

Unfortunately she has not joined us or any support group. From what I understand she has shut everyone out right now. She very weak and having paracentesis weekly and just not well. I feel like it’s depression too so I back away for a while. There’s a few other of us that keep in touch with one another but respect her wanting to be alone. It’s tough but I won’t give up on her.

April 30, 2024
  • InkaTransplant Patient

I was so happy I was able to hop on and join. Thanks for putting it all together.

April 30, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@Deb My heart is with your friend and all the people that love and support her. This is a very difficult situation. I will keep her in my daily prayers. You continue to be a source of strength for her because that is what she needs right now

April 30, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

That's so hard, both for her and for the people trying to support her. There are so many huge feelings that come with transplant life, and it makes sense she'd need time to process the whole range of feelings. If she ever does want to attend support groups, she's more than welcome to join us, and we'd love to walk with her. One of the things I love about our support groups is we have people from every phase of the journey who share not just the good but the bad, and we really abide by everything you're feeling belongs here, and whatever you're going through you don't have to do it alone. Even if she ever just wants to come listen and isn't ready to share yet. Similarly she can DM any one of us on TL if she doesn't want to post in the forum as well

April 30, 2024

@AliEm14 - literally was just about to type the same thing! No one has to do this alone anymore. Six years ago, none of these resources were here, but now we are here to walk through the good, the bad and the hard stuff together.

April 30, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Like I’ve shared before I love this group and it’s helped me so much. I’d be lost if I didn’t have these weekly contacts with you all. I may not always comment or I may not participate in the blogs or videos but I do watch them later and I make notes in my planner to read later if I need a word of encouragement. I hope one day my friend will realize what she can have as well.

April 30, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Your friend is lucky to have you. I know sometimes when times get rough I tend to isolate myself. I feel bad and I don't want to feel like I am making anyone concerned. So it's easy to just stay quiet. Probably depression and or just trying to process all of the feelings that come with the chronic illness life. Even just telling her we are all here can help someone feel encouraged. And even add a little hope to their day. In our support groups, she can just listen, if she doesn't want to share. Or even listening to the podcasts and if she feels she can connect with any of us she can find us here and send a DM. You are a very good friend. I am sure she appreciates having you during this time.

April 30, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Thank you! You are all so sweet!! I was one of those gals that hid my fears, my pain and my frustration. I wanted to be tough but inside I was so scared. I tried and still do to put everyone else first. I had so many list in this house and plans laid out months before I got my call. When you’re an only child and my mom only has me and my husband is in a wheelchair plus our son was working 2 jobs and dating I felt so responsible for everyone not me. Haha. I just want to be there if anyone needs me!! No matter what they need.

May 1, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@Deb We will be here to support so that you never feel alone. Promise us that you will do something special for yourself once a month. We need you to continue to thrive. Even if it just sitting with a cup of coffee and reflecting

May 1, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I will try to do my best. Thank you again for being here for all of us… all of you for being a part of this “ family”

May 1, 2024