General — TransplantLyfe

General

Travel ~ If you could choose one place in the world to travel where would you go?

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
Updated May 2, 2024 in General

Prior to my transplant, it was difficult to travel because of treatment. I did travel a bit, but I was really only comfortable with my Dialysis team so I didn’t like traveling Now that I have the freedom to travel, I want to go to the Bahamas and my ultimate goal is one day to go to Italy.

Tagged:

1 - 14 of 14 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

oooh yes! @Jeanmarie just went to italy and I was following all her posting with a lot of envy. My brother also recently backpacked around Europe and I was so jealous of some of his destinations.

I never traveled much even pre-transplant because it was so hard. My one vacation attempt resulted in an emergency landing of a plane and the only thing I saw was the inside of the Phoenix hospital 😅

Now I have so many places I'd love to go. I went to Vancouver to the ocean last summer and realized I love being by the sea, and top of my travel bucket list would be Ireland/Scotland area. But really I just love travel and want to go anywhere new!

May 2, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@AliEm14 I say it’s time to get that bucket list started

May 2, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

The Swiss Alps with a long stop over in Italy.

May 3, 2024
  • Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

I want to travel to Greece and Turks and Caicos. Also Cape Verde

May 3, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m going to be really different from everyone else. I just want to see more if the US. As a family growing up we didn’t go on vacations at all. My dad was farmer and raised beef cattle so they needed attention 365 days a year plus crops and the rest of farm to tend to. My husband, son and I have made sure to try to go somewhere every year but sometimes our health hasn’t allowed it so we do the best we can right here at home. I’ve never even flown before!!! I guess my biggest dream would be a pro football game , Steelers and a pro baseball game, Mets or Braves. Then I’d like to visit Vegas and Texas that’s my dream vacations!!

May 4, 2024

@Deb My husband would have loved you. He was a diehard Steelers fan. The day he passed away he was talking about going to Heinzfield …. I actually had one of his tshirts sewn onto a teddy bear so that when I hugged the bear, I feel like I’m hugging him.

One of my teacher friends used to order things from different places during Covid and she would dress up according to where she wanted to travel so she had a tiki bar and Hawaiian shirts, as if she was traveling to Hawaii. So when you can’t travel maybe you can dress up as if you’re there.

May 4, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

@Ldybug97 What a great idea!!! I’ve always loved sports, college is my favorite but of course I enjoy following our local VT Hokies!!

I am sorry you’ve lost your husband. The bear idea us wonderful. Love the idea you can still hug him tight and I bet he’s hugging you back!! Have a great weekend!!

May 4, 2024

@Deb I hope you have an amazing weekend. Thank you for your kind words. I do miss him very much but no I have an Angel watching over me every moment of the day.

May 4, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Italy, again! Haha. I keep thinking about going again everyday. Mostly because I think my italian has improvee with Duolingo, haha. I had the most magical time there. Lots of planning. The only thing I wish is that I had the courage to travel internationally sooner. I was always scared. I've been fortunate to travel to different places in the US and I should have just applied the same planning logic to international travel. I attached a few of my favorite pictures from Italy.

@Deb The US has so many beautiful places! I always get torn if I should just explore somewhere in the US or keep exploring internationally.

May 8, 2024

@Jeanmarie I think you are posting these pictures because you want to come with me when I go

May 8, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Ldybug97 @Jeanmarie wait, if we’re planning a group trip I wanna come!!!

also if any of you ever decide you want to explore canada (specifically western canada) you better let me know!

May 8, 2024

@AliEm14 We should do a trip but I can only come to Canada 🇨🇦 if it is above 70 degrees

May 8, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Ldybug97 i just translated that to Celsius!

Don’t come in January then! Summer you should be ok. I’m thinking transplant trip to the Rockies in the summer? 😉

May 8, 2024

@AliEm14 I will add it to the list . It must be destined because I was born on Canada Day

May 8, 2024