General — TransplantLyfe

General

My first dose and I feel almost free

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated June 3, 2021 in General

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

I’ve had my second and I’m cautiously relieved.

February 20, 2021
  • lescp3Care Partner

@Karin great pictures and ever so grateful you were able to get the vaccine. it is so frustrating that everyone on TransplantLyfe does not have access today :(

February 21, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I agree @lescp3 - everyone with a transplant and those who care for us should be vaccinated to avoid serious complications of Covid 19. I also think we need to study how our immune systems work on the vaccine since what if we need a third dose or a higher one!!

February 22, 2021
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

SO happy you were able to receive the vaccine and I completely agree - transplant patients need to be prioritized.

February 23, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I found out that where I live I won’t be eligible until April/May. Which means I’ll be staying in relative lockdown until then. It’s frustrating that it seems like my life is on hold because other people can’t follow the guidelines. What bothers me most is everybody going out and resuming life as normal (I had a Facebook friend boasting about how she went to the bar last week) and meanwhile my life has entirely stopped and there’s nothing I can do about it.

February 23, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Sorry and those people are "not nice" as my daughter would say - more importantly, not smart!

Your time will come and please try to be patient - soon you will get the vaccine and start feeling a little safer again!!!

The upside for me with lock down is that I have not been sick one day since Jan 2020!!! No bugs, no bad restaurant meals!

March 1, 2021