General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

MY ONE YEAR KIDNEYVERSARY

fern22Transplant Patient
May 10, 2024 in General

Today, May 10, is my one year anniversary πŸ’šπŸ«˜

How have you celebrated your anniversary days?

Im making my transplant anniversary all about wellness and self love. Yoga, Acupuncture, Rituals and Meditation at the Buddhist Temple near me, and of course a kidney cake!

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Yay!!! Congratulations!

I always say I want to do something big for my anniversaries and then I never have. I usually try to do some small ritual or ceremony just for me. I also find it hard to know if I’m going to be feeling more of the grief or the gratitude so I try to give myself room to feel both

May 10, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Congratulations Fern I know you will have many many moreπŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽŠ I really have never celebrated my Liverversary but I ‘m thinking I am going to plant a flower🌻🌼🌸🌺 starting this year for myself and my donor. I have already planted one for my donor but I am going to do it for both of us. Andy my donor was very out doors person he loved to hike especially, I found a flower in the woods 2.5 yrs. ago it was nothing but a twig this year it grew and has beautiful purple flowers. I was able to share with his familyπŸ’œ

Celebrate and enjoy your day.

May 10, 2024
  • GarciaChauTransplant Patient

Congrats Fern22! I celebrated my first heart transplantiversary in February! My mind is still blown at the difference a year makes.

Hey, @Melsamm!

I like your idea of planting flowers. I was thinking of planting a tree. I celebrated my one year with a big party at a bowling alley with friends and family. Loads of fun. I posted pictures of my year journey and created an altar for my donor. I'm thinking of continuing the tradition of a celebration to include organ donor awareness and registration.

There's a non-profit, planting a forest in the desert, I am considering planting a tree, milkweed, plant etc. to equal 27. The age of my donor. This way it is a win for all and the legacy will live on in more than one way. Agreed @Aliem14 on the grief and gratitude. So hard to balance the two.

May 11, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

GarciaChau, My donor was 24, I have several pics the family has sent me I am so grateful that we keep in touch every April to celebrate him, he was young and gave several recipients a second chance at life. πŸ’œπŸ’š

May 11, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Co grate @fern22 !! So exciting and I agree that making it about feeling great is the way to go!!

May 11, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

Happy One Year! Sounds like a great celebration you had . On the actual day I had doctor appointments but I had a big party/ fundraiser with family friends and my medical teams

May 12, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!! Celebrating like you did sounds amazing. I’ve never really celebrated my anniversary, I think part of the reason was my 1 year was during COVID and so many people were sick during that time and after that I just never did anything. However never a day goes by that I do not think of my donor and hold his family in my prayers. I will have my liver 5 years in February so maybe that’s a good year to start.

May 13, 2024
  • KimberleewmpacTransplant Patient

Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary and making it spiritual. I wish you many more anniversaries to come. I look forward to celebrating my anniversary in a special way.

May 13, 2024
  • Ro_ATransplant Patient

Congratulations! It's a wonderful milestone, and I hope you have many more. For my first transplant (kidney from my sister), we were always on a family vacation, so we celebrated as a whole extended family which was great. With my new kidney from my brother, I guess we'll still celebrate on our family vacations. :-)

May 15, 2024