General — TransplantLyfe

General

Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give someone waiting for a transplant?

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
May 14, 2024 in General

I would share my story, tell them to keep strong and be resilient. Know that there is a community to support you. There will be bright days as well as stormy days but you are strong. Link up with support groups and be open with your medical team so they can provide you with the best possible care.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• Berriosa1234Transplant Patient

As I wait for my second kidney transplant I am learning about patience. I am leaning into my community. There are tough days and not so tough days but I continue to lean on my gratitude journaling and my continued support from family and friends. I would also look to be the squeaky wheel regarding talking with my transplant programs that i am listed with. Make sure you check with your coordinator to update them with anything that has changed.

May 14, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

It's ok not to be ok. This is incredibly hard, and you don't have to be positive all the time. Connect to a community, be honest with people you trust and find support from other people who get it. Also therapy, somatics, coaching... do whatever you need to do to process your emotions

May 14, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

You’ve already done a great thing by joining this group!! I think living one day at a time. The days you feel good enjoy them, take advantage of those days and on the days you don’t feel well rest and relax. Allow others to help you when needed. And perhaps prepare all you can for your hospital stay and days of recovery. Best of luck.

May 15, 2024