General β€” TransplantLyfe

General

Let's talk staying healthy

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
May 29, 2024 in General

With summer fast approaching - a season typically full of graduations, weddings, family holidays and fun times - one of the things in the forefront of my mind is how I can continue to do all the things I love AND stay healthy.

This is what we're discussing tonight in our support group, and I'd love for you to be there! You can register under the education/support tab and scroll down to find support groups. These are always the highlights of my day, and we create such a fun, supportive environment

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• Ldybug97Transplant Patient

This summer, I plan to keep up with my water and daily meds. I don’t like to really be out when it’s too hot so I will stay in most of the time but at least once a week go or do something fun. I plan to take one trip. At night I will sit on my balcony. I just decided to move and make a fresh start. It’s about focusing my mind and building the strength in my body.

May 30, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I have been walking very early in the morning w/my pup.🐢 I have been drinking my water, eating πŸ‰ 🍎 🍌 and doing what I can. I am back on low dose steroids and completely different medications, I have other issues going on besides my LTP so I have been taken off my immunosuppressants for right now, my kidneys are doing so much better\liver to. putting out my flowers🌸🌼 which is my favorite thing, still working in my yard. I have to work early or late evening but it definitely has helped my mental/health.😊

Summer is here for sure.πŸ˜Žβ˜€οΈπŸŒž

Hello to all and be safe.

May 30, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m trying to be a lot more active this spring and summer. I’m walking more and working in my yard. I can finally say I do feel better. I’ve increased my water intake and enjoying fresh fruit and vegetables too. We’ve also started our woodworking projects again and that keeps us really busy outside. Happy summer to all.

May 30, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I tend to attend events that have an outdoor option. I love to be outside and it gives me comfort thinking if I am outside germs won't spread as much. I am walking each day, I am just about 2 year post transplant and have seen a recent increase in my weight, so I want to be very vigilant about exercise this summer. Also, engaging in my community. It fills my heart with joy to engage with other transplant individuals. I am working on sharing my story more... it is very slow progress for me.

June 5, 2024