General — TransplantLyfe

General

Transplant medicine

mrmdipTransplant Patient
May 29, 2024 in General

Are all the pills people take for transplant for rejection all the same or different based on the organ?

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• Footjoy_1988Transplant Patient

Heck they can be different with the same organ. I bet nobody on here takes my regime. Imuran and medrol are my main drugs.

May 30, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

Footjoy_1988 I can honestly say I have never heard of either of those. I understand there are many different kinds of anti rejection meds. I take Tacrolimus which is generic for Prograf.

May 30, 2024
  • Footjoy_1988Transplant Patient

i had my transplant in 87 imuran and medrol were my docs choice over cyclosporine. They’ve had the attitude if it’s not broke with respect to ever changing my meds to new/better options.

May 30, 2024
  • GarciaChauTransplant Patient

Hello!

I had a heart transplant 15 months ago. My main meds. are Tacrolimus, and used to be Cellcept. A month ago, they switched me over to Everolimus.

May 30, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

At this point, I take Tacrolimus and Mycophenolate for my kidney transplant!

May 31, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

There is some cross over, but like was mentioned above even the same organ can have different medications. It's based on the individual and their unique needs!

I'm a liver transplant recipient, and I'm currently only on tacrolimus once a day

May 31, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I am LTP patient was taking Tacrolimus, celcept I felt it was a lot for 3.5 yrs. . Unfortunately i am having other issues so I am back on steroids, I am hoping to be a candidate for a BMT.🤞🏻Moffitt Fla.

May 31, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

Tac n Mycophenolate for me. The tac dosage has changed a few times but the Mycophenolate remains the same since I left the hospital.

June 1, 2024