General — TransplantLyfe

General

Reading

TServoldTransplant Patient
May 31, 2024 in General

What are you reading?

I like to read... in general. I read lots of different styles. I read books that people recommend, mostly. Do I enjoy all of them, no, but I read them. I recently have read about developing my career, different books on healthcare (How to Make A Killing, previously talked about on the forum), being a good parent, and some other books recommended by friends.

What all are you reading? Books to entertain yourself, educate yourself, self-development... doesn't matter. If you are willing to share; I'd love to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

I used to read a book a week but I don’t take time to read much anymore. I am looking for a good book to take in a mini vacation in a few weeks. I love medical stories and mysteries. Used to read Dan Brown and James Patterson. Any suggestions???

June 1, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I love crime dramas but right now I am really into Historical Fiction. My favorites that I've read lately are Beneath a Scarlet Sky, The Last Green Valley, What the Wind Knows, The Singing Trees, and Dutch Girl. I am reading A Girl Called Samson, and so far I can't put this one down.

June 1, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’m currently in my summer reads era. I usually read non-fiction but every summer I find myself craving really good beach reads. I just finished the summer I turned pretty by Jenny Han.

besides that things I’ve read (and loved) this year include the medicine chest by jarol boan (which is about the intersection of indigenous people and the medical systems here in Canada), As long as you need by J.S Park (who is a hospital Chaplin who talks on grief) and my favourite read this year was the 7 skins of Esther wilding by Holly Ringland, which is full of mythology and magic and also talks a lot about the journey of grief.

June 3, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I just read "Then She Was Gone". it was a quick read for me. Kind of a family drama around the disappearance of a daughter. Several years ago I read Sue Grafton's Alphabet series and enjoyed it. You do not need to read them in order. I started with T is for Trespass. (picked that because my nick-name is "T")

June 4, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

Oh, I forgot Dutch Girl has been on my list for a while!

June 4, 2024