General — TransplantLyfe

General

Chapter of You

TServoldTransplant Patient
June 4, 2024 in General

@Ldybug97 and I were having a conversation and she said something that really resonated with me. "This next chapter is the chapter of me". It made me wonder, what am I doing, and what are you doing to celebrate this chapter of you? I spend a lot of time taking care of other people. How am I going to celebrate this chapter of me as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Oooh I love that! This has definitely felt like a new chapter in my life. I’m planning for the future, I’m making moves in my career. I genuinely love celebrating the every day moments, and creating memories.

who I am in this chapter of my life isn’t who I’ve ever been before, and I really like her. I’m also finding I have to give myself a ton of grace, because I’ve never been this version of me before. And boundaries are huge. Not everyone gets, or should get, access to this version of me. It feels very “if you couldn’t handle me at my worst, you don’t get to have me at my best”

June 5, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

I am planning to spend my second Transplant anniversary at Atlantis in the Bahamas. Prior to Transplant I used to cancel my plans to do for others, but I know how important it is to have memories. I don’t want to l have regrets in this new chapter. I make sure that I make time to make all my doctors appointments, keep myself, healthy, attend my therapy and support group. I start my day with prayer and I complete my journal. I’m really excited to see how this new chapter unfolds. The past year has been amazing and so many opportunities that I never expected have already been presented and I just look forward to see what else comes down the road.

June 5, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

@Ldybug97 and @AliEm14, good luck on your new chapters. I hope it goes beautifully well for the both of you. It hasn’t been a year yet for me and even though I feel I’ve feel I tried my best I am still struggling with this initial chapter. I still have a lot to learn. I just don’t want those who love me to feel bad for me. I want them more than ever to enjoy their lives. If I ever do consistently well at this chapter, some day I will have to attempt to conquer another chapter. The Bahamas, @ladybug97, well I’ve know family members and friends who have been, it doesn’t get much more beautiful than that. Heaven on Earth. We see it and we don’t even know it.

June 7, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

@KevR we must take it one day at a time. I will pray that you get stronger and stronger every day so that you may be able to have those experiences with your loved ones. I totally understand where you’re coming from. Prior to my Transplant, I struggled a lot. There are days that I still struggle. I have been at physical therapy for the last nine months.

Things were looking really really bad for me before I had my transplant. I tell my story a little bit on my podcast that I recorded. I think maybe I will record a part two where I can’t discuss the struggles that I did have. I remember in February 2023. I met with my surgeon and he told me that transplantation was the only thing that was going to save my life. I wasn’t going to last on Dialysis. It had to be the hardest decision that I had to make. But I was determined to do whatever I could to live. After I was transplanted I just thought I was going to get up and walk right away. I have been in the wheelchair for seven months. My nephrologist reminded me it’s one step at a time one day at a time. He said to me that you have to give yourself time. Something will come back to you fully and something will not. He told me I just had to modify my life around what I do. Some days are still difficult and some days are easier. I just try to keep positive mindset even if I don’t feel like it. Resilience is how I made it through this situation. The group members keep encouraged. We are here to support you.. my college best friend is from the Bahamas so she’s giving me all the great inside details of where I should go . The one thing I wanted to is swim with the dolphins. You stay encouraged. Make small steps and you will get there.

June 7, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

Bless u @Ldybug97 .

May all of your dreams come true.

June 10, 2024
  • fern22Transplant Patient

Life is truly all about death & rebirth. I have been a thousand women in this lifetime and I send love to all. I am her and she is me.

July 11, 2024