General — TransplantLyfe

General

Blood sugar

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
June 27, 2024 in General

So last night in our support group we had a fascinating conversation on blood sugar. There are so many ups and downs, and every single person’s body is unique.

lets keep the conversation going!

is your blood sugar something you struggle with post transplant? Do you have diabetes? Are there things you do to try and mitigate the number you see?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

I’ve been lucky here. My blood sugar stays within a decent range so far but I’ve never had issues with it except when I was pregnant.

June 27, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

I had steroid diabetes for over 8 months after my LTP, was on insulin 3x day. A little over 3yrs. My blood sugars run 92-120. So glad it came back to normal.

June 28, 2024
  • RodneyTransplant Patient

I have had type 2 for around 10 years. At first it was tough then started counting carbs and testing my glucose to much for a while before I ate certain foods 'sweets etc". Now over the past 5 years or so I have only had one a1c above 7 and and average 5.5 to 6.5 95% of the time. I have always taken insulin. I eat whatever I want as I desire it. I check my glucose and take a shot and it has really worked out for me.

July 6, 2024