Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Do you get nervous?

DebTransplant Patient
March 6, 2021 in Liver

does anyone else get nervous when you for post surgery check ups? It’s not the bloodwork that’s no problem but just the unknown if all is ok? I go Wednesday and I’m already nervous. Just curious if it’s just me????

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I was super nervous in the beginning and I am still nervous waiting for my labs when I do my visits - in fact, I call multiple times to get my data so I can relax!

March 7, 2021

1 - 5 of 5 Other Answers

• DebTransplant Patient

Glad I’m not the only one. Haha. I’m 60 years old and getting nervous, crazy!! I am lucky my labs post on my portal and often I have most of my results before I leave the hospital. I go Wednesday so we’ll see how I’m doing. In August I went for basic labs and was called back to my local hospital with low hemoglobin within an hour I was receiving transfusions in route to my transplant hospital spending 5 days there. Ever since then I get quite nervous.

March 8, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I still get really nervous. I’m not as far out and I wonder if it will settle down as I get further away from my transplant date. Labs, scans, appointments, they all leave me just a little unsettled. I have a history of medical PTSD and extreme anxiety, so I found explaining this to my coordinator he’s better able to respond quickly about my lab and scan results (I also have access to them, which helps. He usually calls me shortly after I receive them) and the doctors are able to better understand and explain things to me

March 9, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m glad I’m not the only one but like you blessed with a great medical team. Stay well!!

March 9, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Its been 15 years and I still get nervous. I feel like I am about to take an exam that I have been up all night preparing for. And then I get anxious for the results. I have yet been able to curb my nerves.

April 14, 2021