Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

How is quality of life after receiving a liver.

Jay1Other
July 21, 2024 in Liver

I am considering receiving a liver from my wife. I have stage 3 liver cancer and liver cirrhosis.  I would like to know from members what quality of life can I expect and how long will I be expected to live after the transplant? My other option is to not have a transplant, continue with immunotherapy, and hope I go into remission.

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Other Answers

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I think your doctors would be the best people to answer any specific survival related questions. Your case is unique, and they would have the best information on you.

i received a liver transplant in 2020 for a rare genetic condition and I can tell you in my experience I’m thriving. I never expected my quality of life to be where it’s at now. I have energy for things, I enjoy life so much more. It was a night and day difference for me, and in my situation I don’t regret a thing.

July 22, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I agree with AliEm14, your physicians are the place to answer your questions.

I also had a liver transplant in 2020 and am doing very well. I had severe NASH/cirrhosis and cancer on my liver as well so for me I had hope and it worked.

Good luck with your decisions and keep us updated!! 🙏

July 22, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

Jay1 yes just sit down and have a heart to heart with your Drs.

I had my LTP 10/2020 dx. With Nash/cirrhosis. I have done very well with my LTP quality of life is definitely better. It is a journey I am so glad you have Transplantlyfe here for you to get thru this. Wishing you the best.

July 22, 2024
  • KevRTransplant Patient

Jay1, I know it’s tough but I would go with the Liver transplant. But definitely talk to all the professionals. Hope all goes well @Jay1.

July 25, 2024