General — TransplantLyfe

General

Exercising How do fit exercising in your daily routine or week.

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
July 27, 2024 in General

I was starting to have blood pressure issues which have started to affect my eyes. They are trying to keep my blood pressure controlled so it doesn’t lead to me losing my eyesight. My cardiologist recommended that I walk 30 minutes every day. The first day I did 3/4 of a mile. And today was my second day and I did 1.5 miles. I have decided to make this part of my daily routine. My ultimate goal is to do a five day walk next year for the New Jersey Sharing Network

Tagged:

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

That’s a great goal!

i’ve had times I’ve been really consistent in my exercise and times I’ve been less so. I do find I’m the kind of person unless I do it first thing in the morning I won’t do it. So going for early morning walks, or I love practicing yoga or Pilates. But I have to get moving before I start my work day or it just doesn’t happen

July 29, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I have to be in the mood to exercise. I start out great but then quickly tire of the routine. I am walking more and that helps me feel better about myself. My dog keeps me moving and my husband keeps me busy.

July 29, 2024
  • dlatchisonTransplant Patient

I've gotten to a point where any movement is good. I'm fortunate in that it's easier for me to get moving (whether cycling, hiking, etc.) but it's really tough for me to maintain an actual "routine." I do exercise multiple times a week (in the evenings), but once I pretend I can routinize it, it falls apart.

Doing it for my mental health is usually what motivates me the most.

July 30, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

diatchisin I totally agree with you, my exercising definitely helps me with my mental health to.

July 30, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I love your goal LaVise!

I like to start my mornings with a little restorative yoga—usually 15 to 30 minutes. Helps get my blood flowing. I use a yoga app so I like to see my daily streak, it helps me feel productive.

I love walking. It helps my body so much. Even on the days I don't feel like it, I force myself. I always feel better afterward. I walk 3 miles a day, usually on a nature walking trail. But during the summer I usually go to the gym. I don't like the gym as much but the heat really gets to me.

I like logging everything on my Fitbit app and looking at my progress each week. It helps me stay motivated. I also have a few friends that I am connected with on the app. We send each other messages when we notice we haven't been active.

July 31, 2024
  • It's awesome that you've committed to daily walking—it really makes a difference for health and wellness.

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I try to go to the gym after work for about an hour. I'll do 30 minutes of cardio (alternating the elliptical and treadmill) plus some weight training.

September 18, 2024