General — TransplantLyfe

General

Looking ahead. New Year Preparation in addition to resolutions. What do you do?

GarciaChauTransplant Patient
August 14, 2024 in General

Hello Fellow "lyfe bulbs" I need some input, tips and advice. I volunteered to write an article for my Hospital's NEW TRANSPLANT PATIENT NEWSLETTER. The title is "New Year, Same You" or something like that. What do YOU do to prepare yourself for the coming year? Any tips or advice you'd like to share?

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I love rituals to frame experiences (so much so that I created a designated set of rituals for organ transplantation). Any new cycle (new year, my birthday, transplant anniversary...) I like to mark with some reflection, I'll usually light a candle to honour the endings and beginnings, and there's some kind of release ritual. I'm really big into symbolism so anything that relates to that as well.

I could talk about rituals all day so if you need more ideas let me know! And I can't wait to read the article when it comes out!

August 15, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I try to make plans to reach small goals nothing that is impossible to reach. I’ve met almost all my goals I planned for myself last year and it’s kept me on travel. You need to plan for setbacks. Some if my goals I can’t reach due to the health of my spouse so I focus on the ones I can meet.

August 22, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Hi! Sounds like such a great opportunity for you. I would love it if you sent it to me to read when it comes out.

I always stick to the same 3 things for every new year. I know coming out of the holidays I have started some new bad habits. The 3 goals I always plan for myself are 1. Better diet 2. More exercise 3. Daily meditation. All those things help me exponentially with my transplant health over the last 19 years.

Let us know how the article goes.

August 22, 2024