General — TransplantLyfe

General

Tacro and Hypertension

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
August 20, 2024 in General

I was reading recently about tacro and the side effect of hypertension (high blood pressure)

Does anybody have any experience with this?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• Workgirl1982Transplant Patient

I have low blood pressure

August 20, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Yes - it is a known side effect - one of its biological effects is to constrict vasculature, and that does increase blood pressure.

August 21, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

I am experiencing this issue right now. it’s been a struggle to actually control it. My primary doctor has me on a blood pressure monitoring program. My cardiologist recommended that I walk at least an hour a day. My nephrologist I have seen her every two weeks since June to try to get my blood pressure stabilized. I actually sent her the readings from the blood pressure monitoring program on August 14. I explained to her that I didn’t need to take any medication from August 14 to August 19 because my blood pressure was stabilized.

I literally hit send and my blood pressure went through the roof. I’m very fortunate that I have a very close relationship with my nurse practitioner so no matter what time of the day it is I can send her a message and she will respond. She works in the office with my nephrologist. I have a known history of high and low blood pressures. At this point, it has been trial and error

August 23, 2024