General — TransplantLyfe

General

Summer is over?

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
August 21, 2024 in General

I am already feeling the colder weather hitting me and my psyche - I am always happier during the summer - and feel lighter in all ways! Any tools to address the dark and the cold…

Tagged:

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm the total opposite - give me fall and cooler temps, I'm over summer!

One of the things I love about Canadian culture is we're very much outdoorsy, social people still in the winter. There's no such thing as too cold, just underdressed. I also find focusing on celebrations/events and looking forward to things helps a ton. And I love making the vibe extra cozy and bringing out the fairy lights and candles to light up the dark

August 21, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I’m with you AliEm14 I love fall, everything about it and I don’t mind winter too much. I can always find things to make me happy in any season. Karin I love Christmas, lights the music social events. In January I put whatever lights up on my mantle with snowmen, winter trees anything to make my home bright. I love to watch a peaceful snowfall and then watch the animals enjoy it! I just look for something good in every day. Keeps me going!!

August 21, 2024
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Light / candles/ fire place important and growing up in Sweden Christmas was definitely the holiday to look fwd during dark winter days!! And @AliEm14 I am with you when it comes to exercise and outdoor activity - but so much easier when it is sunny)

August 22, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I spend as much time as possible by the window. I am a light seeker, and during the winter months I keep the lights on in the house. It used to drive my father crazy, still does when I visit him or he visits me. "no one is in this room Taryn, turn the light off ". I like daylight lights in my office when I am working and I have lots of house plants to mimic the greenery outdoors in the spring / summer. I have an outdoor fire pit I sit by in the evenings during the fall. Winter, well. I get crabby during the winter.

August 23, 2024