General — TransplantLyfe

General

Fitness Challenge Check-In

Ldybug97Transplant Patient
September 8, 2024 in General

It has been a week since we started our fitness challenge. How is it going? What fitness goals do you have planned for this week?

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• Ldybug97Transplant Patient

My week has went really really well. I continue to do physical therapy three times a week. I walked 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the evening on a treadmill. This past week I was able to take a walk around the block, which I never do so that is my goal for the week weather permitting.

September 8, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

I do more on the weekends. This weekend I rode my bike 10 miles, and did a bunch of yard work Sunday. I am traveling tomorrow and Thursday so walking through the airport will be extra steps. Wednesday I'll be in downtown Boston and walking around so I'm hoping for extra steps that evening as well. My hotel is about .5 mi from the office I'm visiting this week. Maybe I'll get to walk to/from work!

September 9, 2024
  • TServoldTransplant Patient

@Ldybug97 way to go this week!! You are doing great.

September 9, 2024

@TServold Grat Job and Safe travels .. Walking through the airport is a workout. I am tired just thinking about it. Keep inspiring us !

September 9, 2024
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I feel like I'm finally getting into the swing of things! Last week I had a bunch of doctors appointments, which not only took up a lot of time but a lot of mental space as well and I just didn't have it in me to do any kind of workout during my free time.

I already feel more optimistic about this week. I teach yoga and found myself with an empty studio this weekend between classes so I turned on the tunes for a quick dance party. Family walks have been daily (and so much more enjoyable now that the weather is cooling down) and I even have it on my calendar for this week to try a pilates class!

September 9, 2024
  • GinoG_TLTransplant Patient

Hello everyone, my name is Gino Gonzales. I am a heart transplant recipient (Sept 2022) and most recently a Kidney transplant recipient on July 13, 2024. I’m feeling good, I gained quite a bit of weight since the kidney transplant so now I plan to walk off the excess weight. I started walking this week, right now I’m up to 1.5 miles in 30 minutes and hope to continue to improve from there. I go back to work on Monday and plan to get my workout in after work.

September 13, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

GinoG_TL Congratulations I am so happy to hear how well you are doing, I know it can be hard but all the Drs. say is we have to keep moving as best we can. I am LTP recipient almost 4yrs. I am having other health issues unfortunately so I am starting over myself walking to I am up to 1.5 again.. Keep up the good work. 😊💚

September 13, 2024

Congratulations @GinoG_TL we are so happy that you are doing well and especially that you’re able to work out and go back to work. Keep up the great work.

September 13, 2024