Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Has anyone experienced BK Virus becoming undetected after being detected?

John42210Transplant Patient
October 3, 2024 in Kidney

For the past 9 months, BK Virus has been detected at <500 copies/mL and <2.70 Log cps/mL. I will be seeing my Nephrologist next month to get the science behind BK Virus.

Tagged:

TransplantLyfe Favorite

• PearlBTransplant Patient

John mine has also been neg after being tested for the antigens. The human papalomas virus, is very dangerous for those on antigens rejection medications. If we get a infection it could threaten the life of our transplanted kidney. Most of the population has been exposed to the virus, until they came out with a vaccine to protect against it. The HPV vaccine I had all my daughters get the vaccine. It can be life threatening without it.

October 5, 2024

1 - 3 of 3 Other Answers

• HummingbirdCare Partner

Has anyone experienced rapid weight loss post transplant and the tremors? My son is post transplant 3.5 years and has had a second bout of rapid weight loss. The tremors he has had ongoing for the last 3 years. My concern is that his weight loss is due to depression and stress. He is 22 and has never really dealt with health issues emotionally. He has a ton of support however he recently has been shutting us all out and withdrawing. He lives on his own and works but even his close friends are saying he wont respond to text or calls and wont leave his apartment unless its to go to work. I will reach out to his new medical team as we have just transitioned to adult nephrology but am open to any other insights and suggestions.

October 4, 2024
  • John42210Transplant Patient

Thanks PearlB.

October 5, 2024