General — TransplantLyfe

General

What's bringing you joy?

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
October 10, 2024 in General

This morning I wore some red lipstick, put on my favourite playlist and danced in my kitchen. And it made me so happy. It reminded me of what we say in support groups: to celebrate the every day and not wait for someday. I want to live life to the fullest everyday.

Of all the things transplant has given me, I think my favourite is that it gave me my spark back.

What's bringing you joy today?

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• TheMacTransplant Patient

Great example of joy! I took my first indoor cycling class last week. I taught indoor cycling for 30 years. Some of the best times of my life were with my gym students, some of them I’d know for 15 years. My last class was before the pandemic, then my liver failed. I’ve literally been crawling back ever since. It was difficult but I finished the class. I was so happy I started crying! Another gift transplant gave me! Back on the bike.

October 16, 2024
  • DebTransplant Patient

I think my biggest joy at the moment is being able to get up feeling well and getting outside enjoying the fall days and go a whole week with no doctors appointments. Before transplant I had to have paracentesis at least once a week and that left me so weak and there was usually labs or other appointments at least once a week as well. It feels great to say I feel good and I look forward to what tomorrow holds in store for me!! Happy Fall Y’all!!!

October 16, 2024
  • Ldybug97Transplant Patient

There are so many reasons I have joy in my life. For nearly 8 years my life revolved around three days of treatment and barely having enough energy to do things on the days I did not have treatment. Now I can just live and experience new opportunities. I can honestly every aspect of life gives me joy. I appreciate the good and the difficult times. It reminds me that storms come and go. I look forward to the rainbow each time.

October 16, 2024
  • MelsammTransplant Patient

My biggest joy is having another beautiful day to feel the sun on my face, walking my rescue pup and loving this fall weather. just knowing that life is so precious and when you have chronic illness each day is a blessing. Live it to the fullest!

October 16, 2024
  • My joy is when I see my family happy and healthy! It gives me joy and reminds me how great our God is.

October 17, 2024