Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Balatecept Infusion

swigganTransplant Patient
October 11, 2024 in Kidney

I switched Infusion center because of my Insurance, now I'm having a difficult time getting things setup to get my treatment for this month.

It's highly frustrating to know that the only thing delaying the process is my EBV bloodwork.

My new Infusion Center is Vivo, don't know much about them, but they don't like to communicate by phone.

Moreover, they're indicating I should communicate with them via text messages, I just think it would be more professional to actual speak to someone about such a critical matter.

Hackensack indicated I may need to have this month's Infusion at Hackensack until things gets settled with Vivo Infusion.

Very little compassion in today's medical world.

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Other Answers

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Jeanmarie do you have insights? I know you do infusions as well.

One of the most frustrating things for me is seeing the "system" behind medicine. Because at the end of the day it is about money, and structures and who has the power. Texting seems odd to me - I get emails, using the my health app... but plain texting is strange. I text my best friends, I don't text my doctors! I'm glad Hackensack seems to be looking out for you, but I get the frustration. I would have a very similar reaction to you. It's work for them, but for us it's literally our lives.

October 11, 2024
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

Feel free to DM me. I've been on Bela for a few years now. One of the most frustrating parts of Bela is dealing with infusion companies. Depending on where you live, there should be multiple companies. Find the ones that take your insurance and find one that you really like and one that you like the nursing staff.

I've switched many over the years. The doctor can write the prescription anywhere you choose and accept your insurance.

Stick with getting it at the clinic until the details are sorted out because the process can take a while.

I switched to home health which hasn't been much easier either to navigate through the scheduling process.

Just stay on top of everything. Don't be shy calling them and bugging them all the time for updates.

October 12, 2024
  • swigganTransplant Patient

Jeanmarie, thank you. I switched to Vivo Infusion because it was in network with my Insurance. Moreover, first they told me I had the option of doing it at home, then they told me that was misinformation, the Insurance doesn't allow me to do it at home, I would have to do it at a Vivo facility. So I selected a Vivo close to my home; all they needed was my EBV blood result from Hackensack, they sat on that information for a few days until I called them and asked for an update. I asked, why wasn't I informed that the bloodwork result was all that's needed, this is a time sensitive matter. Their response was, "well Hackensack should have known because it indicated STAT on the request, which means that it was mandatory." I am basically annoying them at this point to do their jobs.

October 12, 2024