Kidney β€” TransplantLyfe

Kidney

Envarsus?????

HummingbirdCare Partner
October 22, 2024 in Kidney

Has anyone tried Envarsus to reduce Tacro induced Tremors and if so what were the results?????

Thank youπŸ™

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• StaceywrightTransplant Patient

I haven’t, and this is a bit off topic, but I had terrible tremors and other side effects from Tacro. Almost all of my hair fell out, developed CMV, I felt terrible, the Tacro was damaging my new kidney as well as a number of other issues. A friend mention Nulojix infusions, and I was able to switch. I was surprised my transplant center never mention it - but just kept trying to treat my symptoms from Tacro. It was life changing. Every side effect is gone a year later. It’s not for everyone, but it may help some. πŸ’š

October 22, 2024
  • HummingbirdCare Partner

Hi Stacey,

Thank you so much for your reply. Since my son had his second transplant 3.5 years ago he has had terrible tremors, and now depression, weight loss and possibly more that I am not aware of because he does not talk about it. We are working on that aspect too but I am trying to help him any way I can. His transplant team told me that Envarsus was an option but have not mentioned the infusion. His new local doctor has never heard of Envarsus. I will ask about the infusion as well because I really feel that his quality of life will improve if we make a change from the Tacro.

Thank you againπŸ™

October 22, 2024

Also, are you taking prednisone too? He did not take prednisone for the first 15 years after his first transplant and now after the second he is on 10mg of prednisone daily.

October 22, 2024
  • swigganTransplant Patient

@Hummingbird I was temporary using Envarsus for a week recently, until my Balatecept Infusion got setup. I had a few side effects from Envarsus as well, such as congestion, headaches, high blood pressure. I never experienced tremors when I took Tacrolimus.

October 22, 2024

Ok, thank you for sharing your experience. I am planning to talk to his doctor about the Balatecept too. Wishing you all the best!

October 22, 2024
  • StaceywrightTransplant Patient

Yes, I have the monthly infusion, 5 mg prednisone and Cellcept daily. I’m so sorry to hear your son is having such terrible issues. But that medicine was horrible for me. I hope he gets to change to something else.

October 22, 2024