General — TransplantLyfe

General

Sluggish

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated May 21, 2021 in General

I feel sluggish! @Jeanmarie i saw you used that word and it perfectly describes my feeling today and some other days and I don’t know how to explain it - I just want to go back to sleep - lounge in bed and take it easy... I wonder if this is meds oriented or just the burden of disease???

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’ve also wondered that. Sometimes I wonder how much of it my physical body reacting to the meds and how much of it is mental/emotional. A transplant is a big adjustment no matter how long it’s been and I feel like having another person’s organ inside of you has to take some kind of toll on you as a person

March 25, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@Karin I always think it’s a combination of both. The medication side effects and the burden of the disease. I feel like I’m always trying to find balance.

March 25, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Karin I think its a combination of both. I do sometimes forget how strong the medications that we take really are. Sometimes I listen to my body and allow myself a sluggish day or I go do something that I know I love. Like going to the beach or going on a hike. And I can snap myself out of it. If not I allow myself a relax day. I think we deserve it with all that we balance everyday.

March 26, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I wish we could get better drugs! It is up to us to advocate for research into more specific anti rejection drugs / that is something I am burning for

March 27, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

YES! It would be really great! I am having some luck with this new infusion. I hope it continues to work out. I hope some even better meds are on the horizon.

March 28, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Karin yes! My husband and I were just talking about this yesterday. I’m grateful for these drugs that are saving my life but then I feel like they all come with such bad side effects. I get migraines from one of my meds and then the only options I have for pain relief are to pop a Tylenol (which does nothing) or take codeine or some other hard core pain killer, which I don’t always want because then I’m essentially useless.

March 29, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I feel “sluggish” all👏🏻the👏🏻time.

Hard to get docs to believe me most of the time.

I believe for me it’s a combo of mental health, extra weight, meds, and parenting 2 under 10. 😫

March 29, 2021