General — TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Friday!

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
March 26, 2021 in General

I was sitting here thinking about all the things I was grateful for this week that I would not have been able to do without my transplant. Of course I have many things but I thought it would be fun to share with each other something that stood out to you this week that you were able to accomplish because of your transplant. 😊 And it can be ANYTHING!

One thing that stands out for me this week, is I was able to go on a 4 mile hike! It was really nice being out in nature. It wasn't a very strenuous hike. But I just enjoyed watching all the birds and the wildflowers are starting to bloom here in California. When I have special moments like this it always makes me feel so happy to keep living this beautiful life. 💗

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

Love positive thoughts!! Today I was able to work outsides and enjoy some much needed warmth and sunshine, baked bread and cleaned my house. Things I took for granted before I got sick.

March 26, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Deb That all sounds so wonderful! Nothing better than sunshine 🌞! I love baked bread! What a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing!

March 27, 2021
  • AliEm14Transplant Patient

I stayed awake all day without a nap! Did 4 loads of laundry, washed dishes, mopped the floors and got some freelancing work done. And by the end of the day I didn’t feel like I’d been hit by a semi truck

March 27, 2021
  • KarinTransplant Patient

I had a cappuccino on the go this morning without worrying about my blood sugar rising or whether I had timed my insulin correctly... small pleasure but oh so great!

March 27, 2021

I love being able to get stuff like that done! I always feel so accomplished! Sounds like a great day!

March 28, 2021

There is almost nothing better than a delicious cappuccino! It is all the small pleasures that make our lives special post transplant.

March 28, 2021

@Karin you’re making me crave a cappuccino! I was so limited in what I could have pre transplant we’ve now been making a game out of me trying new foods and drinks. Eating without worrying about my blood sugar is a huge gift and I don’t know if I’ll ever stop being giddy about it

April 13, 2021
  • TaylorCTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 what was the first food you got to enjoy after your transplant that you couldn't enjoy pre transplant ??:)

April 13, 2021

@TaylorC the first thing I had that I couldn’t have before was jello which wasn’t that exciting. I tried yogurt with berries, which I loved. And also anything with syrup. That’s actually how they got me to eat - they poured syrup on whatever I was eating so I would eat it 😂

April 13, 2021