General — TransplantLyfe

General

Happy Friday!

JeanmarieTransplant Patient
Updated June 3, 2021 in General

I was sitting here thinking about all the things I was grateful for this week that I would not have been able to do without my transplant. Of course I have many things but I thought it would be fun to share with each other something that stood out to you this week that you were able to accomplish because of your transplant. 😊 And it can be ANYTHING!

One thing that stands out for me this week, is I was able to go on a 4 mile hike! It was really nice being out in nature. It wasn't a very strenuous hike. But I just enjoyed watching all the birds and the wildflowers are starting to bloom here in California. When I have special moments like this it always makes me feel so happy to keep living this beautiful life. 💗

1 - 13 of 13 Replies

• DebTransplant Patient

Love positive thoughts!! Today I was able to work outsides and enjoy some much needed warmth and sunshine, baked bread and cleaned my house. Things I took for granted before I got sick.

March 26, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

@Deb That all sounds so wonderful! Nothing better than sunshine 🌞! I love baked bread! What a beautiful day! Thank you for sharing!

March 27, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I stayed awake all day without a nap! Did 4 loads of laundry, washed dishes, mopped the floors and got some freelancing work done. And by the end of the day I didn’t feel like I’d been hit by a semi truck

March 27, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I had a cappuccino on the go this morning without worrying about my blood sugar rising or whether I had timed my insulin correctly... small pleasure but oh so great!

March 27, 2021

I love being able to get stuff like that done! I always feel so accomplished! Sounds like a great day!

March 28, 2021

There is almost nothing better than a delicious cappuccino! It is all the small pleasures that make our lives special post transplant.

March 28, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Karin you’re making me crave a cappuccino! I was so limited in what I could have pre transplant we’ve now been making a game out of me trying new foods and drinks. Eating without worrying about my blood sugar is a huge gift and I don’t know if I’ll ever stop being giddy about it

April 13, 2021
  • TaylorCTransplant Patient

@AliEm14 what was the first food you got to enjoy after your transplant that you couldn't enjoy pre transplant ??:)

April 13, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@TaylorC the first thing I had that I couldn’t have before was jello which wasn’t that exciting. I tried yogurt with berries, which I loved. And also anything with syrup. That’s actually how they got me to eat - they poured syrup on whatever I was eating so I would eat it 😂

April 13, 2021
  • JackieOther

Glad to hear that others push through fatigue and provide themselves with a small treat I think I ruminate too much and let the kidney disease run my life.

Thanks for your upbeat thoughts!,

June 30, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Jackie definitely rest when you need to! I consider naps a spiritual practice now.

one of the biggest mindset shifts for me was realizing my disease fits my life, not adjusting my life to fit my disease. This is about you, not your disease

July 1, 2021
  • JackieOther

Thank you.

July 4, 2021