General — TransplantLyfe

General

What heals you

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated June 3, 2021 in General

I’ve been going back through old journals lately and I found a list I made shortly after transplant about things that were healing me. Not just physically but also healing my mind and heart.

things like physiotherapy, selfies, brushing my hair, being outdoors, music. now I’d add to that list things like content creation and design work, putting effort into getting dressed up, Sunday morning Disney dates (my partner and I have a tradition of brunch and watching a Disney movie/show on Sunday's. Now when he works on Sunday’s I have a date with myself!) and yoga.

I turn the question to you: what heals you? Mind body and soul?

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

The ocean! I am so fortunate that I live close to the beach. I usually go on long beach walks, walking barefoot on the sand and the water. Afterwards I feel like I can breathe again. I post lots of photos of the beach on my social media hoping it can help other people.

I also love listening to Podcasts while knitting. Its one of my favorite things to do besides taking photos. Photography is a passion that helps me take my mind off everything.

And any form of exercise. I love yoga and walking. When I am done I feel like I can take on the world.

April 21, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Jeanmarie yes to yoga and photography! Photography has been a huge healing tool for me too, especially documenting my own medical journey. I’ve never been to the ocean - the one time I was close enough to go I ended up in the hospital. But I hope to someday.

April 21, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

Naps, great food, travel & adventures (which I'm missing a lot right now), playing with my kids, talking to others about my story, and holding space for others to tell theirs.

April 21, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Looking forward to going somewhere even if it’s just dinner with friends. Mini vacations and hopefully I will see the ocean this summer or fall. Just day to day getting through.

April 21, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

You must go. The waves and the smell of the ocean breeze is so wonderful. I hope you get to go soon!

April 22, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Naps absolutely @brookegurrad! @Deb

I’ve never been able to travel much due my sickness pre transplant and then being transplanted during a pandemic but I’d love to go so many places! I’m planning a mini stay-cation coming up and just the idea of that has me so excited

April 22, 2021