General — TransplantLyfe

General

How many of you have been Covid vaccinated??

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated May 29, 2021 in General

I received my second dose a month ago, and got tested for Anti spike antibodies two weeks after!

1. How many of you have been vaccinated??8 votes
    1. Yes
      87.50%
    2. Not yet
      12.50%
Tagged:

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

• [Deleted User]Transplant Patient
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    April 21, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I receive my second dose tomorrow.

April 21, 2021
  • Care_massTransplant Patient

I got my first dose 2 weeks ago and my 2,d is scheduled for May 13th. In Ontario, residents typically have to wait 4 MONTHS to get their second dose, but transplant patients are excepted thankfully!

April 21, 2021
  • MikpTransplant Patient

Not sure if I will get it

April 21, 2021
  • bhameisterTransplant Patient

I have both of my doses, but I will be considered "fully vaccinated" this Sunday.

April 21, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I get my first dose on Friday. I’m not overly hopeful about developing antibodies (I’ll ask for the test after my second shot) but I am hoping to go out and engage in socially distanced, masked activities after I get my first shot. I’ll still be 100% safe and follow all guidelines, just be not so isolated

April 21, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

My transplant center won't do an antibody test, so I don't know how to make an informed decision about how safe it is to go out into the world. 😬😷😳

April 21, 2021
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

Yes! Fully vaccinated and tested positive for antibodies after my 1st shot! Definitely still being cautious, wearing a mask etc. Will be curious to see how long the antibodies last!

April 23, 2021
  • Golfnut2043Transplant Patient

Got my done at Houston Methodist Hospital and a research project with it blood work then 30out 3 months out 6months and a year out I think the interval are right got Pfizer Jan 20 and feb 13 2020. No side effect as of yet

June 21, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I'm fully vaccinated now, but my transplant centre won't do an antibody test. Apparently there are some issues with reliability, and with the new research coming out and the latest news coming from France, I'm just kind of waiting to see. I had thought about pushing for an antibody test, but ultimately realized that there wasn't a number guaranteed to keep me safe, and what i needed to do for me was trust my intuition and do the things i needed to do to feel good in my body without obsessing over antibodies

June 21, 2021