General — TransplantLyfe

General

Remembering to take medicines on time

AnitaCare Partner
April 22, 2021 in General

Six year into transplant, its still important to take those medicines on time, every time, every day.

Since I am a care planner, I manage to remind my patient.

however when I have to travel and be away from home, its always a nagging worry.

What do you do to not forget to take the medicine?

Tagged:

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

• MikpTransplant Patient

Use a phone app there are plenty to choose from

April 22, 2021
  • [Deleted User]Transplant Patient
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    April 22, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I have alarms set. They specifically say “take your meds ****” (and yes that is how I refer to myself in my alarm) and I have a unique noise so I don’t mistake it for my other alarms.

My husband is also good about reminding me to take my meds, I made a cute little pill case that I keep where I can see it. And I’m like a dog - I trained myself with treats 😂

April 22, 2021
  • JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I set alarms on my phone and on my Fitbit. My morning meds are next to my breakfast stuff and my nighttime meds are next to my bed. I keep an extra set of meds in my purse in case I run out of the house in a hurry.

April 22, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I also set alarms on my phone and my smartwatch. I also keep extra set at my partner’s home and my purse in case I’m not home when the alarms go off.

April 23, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@JimGleason_TRIO just downloaded the app! You always have the best resources to share

April 23, 2021