Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Muscle aches after exercising

AviTransplant Patient
Updated May 28, 2021 in Liver

Does anyone else feel that their muscles get really sore and slow recovery after a excercising, more than they used to feel before transplant? And is there anything to help this?

Tagged:

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

• JeanmarieTransplant Patient

I always take a hot shower. It helps the blood flow. And I use Arnica on my super sore muscles and joints. The Arnica helps heal bruises too.

April 22, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I get sore and stay sore for longer. I've had to slow my pace and do less frequent workouts for many different reasons. I get migraines if my heart rate gets too high.

Things that help me:

-Warming up before and stretching really well after a workout.

-Staying hydrated. We hydrate for the next day, so today you're working off yesterday's water.

-Bath with epsom salt and essential oils

-My hubs got me a Theragun for Christmas, and its been awesome for helping with tightness and sore muscles post-workout

April 22, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I also get quite sore. I’m not sure if this will change over time or not but it’s better than my status pre transplant so I’ll take it. Lower impact activities seem to be better for me. I use essential oils, hot baths, drink tons of water. And gentle stretching helps a lot

April 23, 2021
  • meghansmithTransplant Patient

I definitely experience this! I work with a trainer 2-3x per week and sometimes she can't believe how quickly (or how long) my muscles hurt. It's definitely much worse for me pre-transplant than it was before. I was hoping stopping prednisone would help but 2.5 months off it and I'm still experiencing that problem.

April 23, 2021
  • AviTransplant Patient

I just read that tacro can interfere with muscle reaction and muscle fibre interaction.

April 24, 2021