General — TransplantLyfe

General

Lyfebulb CSL Behring Innovation Challenge

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated June 3, 2021 in General

Is anybody else watching the thriving with transplantation innovation challenge? I had the privilege of hanging out with the finalists yesterday (I may have fangirled just a little bit. They are all so intelligent and great and working on amazing things and I'm over here like "I take pictures and post them on the internet and I talk to chronic illness patients to make them feel better" (Not quite. I do more than that, but that's how I felt sitting next to all those people))

Watching their presentations today, every single one I'm so excited about. Maybe I'm a total nerd but hearing about the future of transplantation and the innovations happening in the medical field make me so excited.

If you're watching along, tell me your thoughts. What coming innovations are making you excited? Am I the only nerd out here so freaking excited about the future of medicine?

Fun fact: When I was younger I wanted to be a doctor. I realized I hate chemistry and math. So I'll settle for being on the patient side of changing the world of medicine, talking to all these smart individuals and posting about it on social media. That's way more my speed :)