KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
Updated June 8, 2021 in General

Has anyone worked w nutritionist??

hiw was it? Did it help you at all??

Tagged:

1 - 8 of 8 Other Answers

• SigEpSinfonian98Transplant Patient

I work with a nutritionist. I like it overall but I kinda hate that I micro-analyze everything I put in my body now.

June 8, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I have worked with a couple different nutritionist. It was a hit or miss situation. My current one has been the most helpful. I honestly think you have to “shop” around for the right one.

June 8, 2021
  • Denise_RTransplant Patient

I completely agree with @ChefAmanda. I have tried to work with several over the years and it has been very hit or miss. Mostly miss for me. The last one just told me you're doing everything right and provided no new thoughts or solutions...ugh. I think there are great ones out there, but maybe not near me???

June 8, 2021
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

I have she did help me with vitamins and minerals for sure. My issue is not how much I eat or what but the Twizzlers I can not stay away from

June 9, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@AnnMarie Oh I love Twizzlers! I don’t each much candy but if I do it’s twizzlers.

June 9, 2021
  • ChristopherTransplant Patient

No, I never listened much to the dietician. Everything was a cup of this and a 1/2 cup of this and one piece of this. There is no way I could eat like that as a guy as I have a good appetite. I just use common sense. Not a lot of fat, sugar, or sodium. If I want a Coke then I’ll have a Coke. Eat lots of good protein snd don’t eat a lot of starchy carbs. I’m not gonna eat like a rabbit. Everything is all portion control and I’m just not that type of guy. Sorry.

June 9, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I had a nutritionist closely follow me pre transplant. I have one now who just follows my supplements and made sure I adjusted to eating orally after my feeding tube was removed. Mostly I just eat very intuitively. I’ve spent enough time around nutritionists and in the health world to know what makes me feel good and what doesn’t

June 9, 2021