Liver — TransplantLyfe

Liver

Saying Thank You

TaylorCTransplant Patient
June 24, 2021 in Liver

I wanted to start off my saying thank you so much to everyone on here who has answered so many questions of mine, and have opened up about their transplant journey so honestly with me! You guys have no idea how much it helped. On May 19th, 2021 I received my liver transplant at Toronto General, from my living donor, who is also my boyfriend. He has been one of my best friends for almost 11 years, and has seen me at my best, and my absolute rock bottom. This gift he gave me, is something I can't even comprehend how to say "Thank You." for. I've been struggling really hard mentally with this since we got the green light he was a match, then everything just happened so fast with the transplant. How do you really say thank you to someone for saving your life?

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• Mia2sheaTransplant Patient

Hi Taylor, I have not helped you as I have just joined but I am happy for you and hope you are doing well.

Mia

June 24, 2021
  • AnnMarieCare Partner

What an amazing community we have here!

June 24, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

i made it my goal to make my life a human thank you. Everything I do flows out of that gratitude. Personally I don’t feel like it will ever be enough but it’s all I can do. Live my life to the fullest, give back to my community, savour every bit.

June 24, 2021