General — TransplantLyfe

General

Health Tracker

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
July 15, 2021 in General

Are you using healthtracker yet? Here's why you should be!

So a few months ago I called my coordinator with some concerns. I was experiencing digestive issues that were affecting my labs and my bile duct function. I knew I had an issue and had been sporadically jotting things down but half the time I would lose the paper (or napkin or receipt) I'd written it on, and it just wasn't a cohesive picture for my medical team to look at. They asked for a 2 week set of data, monitoring my vitals every day as well as pain I was experiencing, bowel movements, diet... Anyone who knows me knows my life is a mess. Walk into my house and papers are everywhere, ask me where something is and I'll just randomly gesture in a direction. I'm not the most organized person, which drives my partner crazy and why he is in charge of our important papers. Literally my doctors hand all my transplant paperwork to him knowing i'll just lose it before we're even out the door. Praise God for health tracker. It's easy enough to access on my phone (Which i almost always have with me) and far easier for doctors to understand than 11:12 + PM, which is how former notes would go. And I couldn't lose it! Not only did it keep track of my information, my doctors were able to review it and come up with suggestions. I found tracking information gave me more insight into my body and it's patterns, and now it's something I even enjoy. It's like playing detective and piecing clues together!

Is anyone else totally nerding out on the idea of turning your body into a mystery book? Just me? Ok, but please do share how you use health tracker and any useful insights you've found through symptom tracking

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• DonnyCTransplant Patient

Interesting. What type of health tracker do you use? Not sure it exists but it would be nice to be able to upload health data from different devices (pulse oximeter, blood pressure machine, thermometer, etc..) into one app that can show trends over time.

July 15, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I love the health tracker on the platform! I use it to track my blood pressure and weight at home for dialysis. I use the other features like the food diary and exercise for cardiology. It’s awesome having all the information I need in one place and not all over my phone in different apps and notes.

July 16, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@DonnyC transplantlyfe has a health tracker! Find it by clicking on health tracker on the landing page or at the top of your screen. I love having all my information in one place!

July 16, 2021