General — TransplantLyfe

General

Fun facts about you! (If you knew me you would know)

AliEm14Transplant Patient
Updated July 29, 2021 in General

I saw this conversation starter the other day and loved it. In the context I found it, it was an invitation to talk about the bigger things in life. But since we tend to go deep here on transplantlyfe (Hello, I already know about one of the biggest traumatic events of your life, being your transplant) I thought we could use it as a prompt to talk about other things too.

I'll go first. If you knew me, you would know I live with my husband and our rescue pitbull in Canada, I lost my first pregnancy due to issues that resulted in me needing my transplant, I'm a certified embodiment coach and doula, if I could I would live in the middle of no where and live out my life as a forest fairy and I'm totally a water baby who is pretty sure she was a mermaid in her last life but has never been to the ocean. Also coffee is the way to my heart.

Your turn! If I knew you, what would I know?

Tagged:

1 - 10 of 10 Replies

• SigEpSinfonian98Transplant Patient

If you knew me you would know that I am always interested in an adventure and trying any food place. I am a musician and if I could I would live on the road playing music wherever I go. I'm single because I feel like my life is way too chaotic to bring another person into the mix. And I really enjoy listening to people and hear about their experiences.

July 21, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

I was raised on a farm so I love animals and being outside. I was taught to cook and bake by my mom and grandmother who were both used to serving meals to many men at a time so I gained the love of cooking and entertaining. My true passion is working with special needs children. I was an aide for 20 years before I became sick and it was the most rewarding thing I have ever done. Nothing better than to see a child read who was told they never would, or one walk for the first time or go on a date even though they are in wheel chairs. Those are my passions plus our family is very active in the volunteer fire service. So many things are a passion of mine.

July 21, 2021
  • AliEm14Transplant Patient

yes to food and adventure! those are right up my alley too. I love that you're a musician - you should share your talents with us sometime!

July 25, 2021

I used to work as an aid before my transplant! I always thought I'd go back but life seemed to have different plans. My grandparents lived on a farm and i have fond memories of going there often when I was young. I would love to move back to a farm one day

July 25, 2021
  • KarinTransplant Patient

I am a control freak w deep claustrophobic tendencies that are more about being stuck generally vs being captured physically. That said - it is hard to get me to stay overnight somewhere that is not my home or a hotel - I never like to be without my car to exit and I never seat myself in the middle or at the window - always the aisle. I fear being controlled, suffocated and I cannot stand water games or diving/ all related to my freedom craving. I think much of this is derived from my t1d and loss of control as a young person - dependency on insulin and other people if I were to go low and pass out.

I am a true optimist and big dreamer but can spiral down rabbit holes when I am alone and get paranoid…

above all - I love my daughter - without her - I don’t think I would be here

July 28, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

If you knew me you would know I put faith over fear. I am a basic girl who loves food, baking and good coffee. I have an amazing partner and would totally be doing van life if I wasn’t waiting for a new heart and kidney. I love helping others and just taking life day by day.

July 29, 2021

yes to van life! please take me with you. Also yes to coffee, and my talent for eating far exceeds my talent for cooking so we sound like a match made in heaven

July 29, 2021
  • TaylorCTransplant Patient

@ChefAmanda I have always been so into the idea of van life ! I have a friend who has been doing it for a few years now and she swears by it. Is this something you have done in the past at all?? Or road trips?:)

July 30, 2021

@TaylorC I have done road trips in the past and have the best memories! I also know someone who is doing it and loves it.

July 30, 2021

@AliEm14 Oh we can be a dynamic duo on the road. Haha

July 30, 2021