General — TransplantLyfe

General

What would you do?

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in General

I have a friend who's daughter is 2 and is in the hospital after recieving an emergency kidney and liver transplant. They've been there almost 9 weeks now, with a whole bunch of complications, and I'm planning on creating a little care package for mom and daughter as well as sending some video messages so they can watch something in the hospital.

The little girl is really young to understand what's happening so I don't want to go too much into detail about transplant, rather focusing on positivity and being brave and staying in the hospital as well as some things to encourage mom. What would you include in your care package? What would you say in your video message? From both patients and care partners, what would have been helpful to have sent to you/said to you during those hospital days?

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

• Nana4everOther

Something for the little girl. Does she love animals? It would be cool to include kitties (my favorite although I love all animals) in a video.

This my fur baby Angelica. Best of luck and have fun.

Delight

July 25, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@Nana4ever i love that! I’d never even thought of including my pets in a video!

July 26, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

Books, magazines perhaps puzzles to keep mom busy. For the little one, stuffed animals and small things she can enjoy in the bed. Snacks for both is a must. A mug for coffee or sodas for mom too. Maybe a fun cup for the little girl with a non spill lid. I’ll say a prayer for this family!!

July 26, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I always liked getting soft blankets - cashmere throws and comfy but nice pjs as well as lounge wear. Slippers too!

for the little girl - most likely what all little girls like/ toys, stuffed animals, books and princess things!

July 28, 2021