Kidney — TransplantLyfe

Kidney

High pra

Jtannen1987Transplant Patient
Updated August 4, 2021 in Kidney

So my pra level is 100% and I was wondering if you guys have Received a transplant with high antibodies? Or if you do have high antibodies how long have you either waited or did you wait for a kidney transplant? I feel discouraged because I’m a difficult match because I already have waited 9 and a half years and I have tried finding a living donor to try pair kidney exchange with me without success.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

• KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

I Know @mikem knows about this!!

August 1, 2021
  • mikemTransplant Patient

Hi @Karin Thanks for the tag.

@Jtannen1987 This can really be a challenging and frustrating thing to face in transplant. I'm in your shoes too! I'm on transplant 3, and it was way tougher for the third and for the second. And it will only get harder. My PRA levels are through the roof as well! Let's connect on the subject. I sent you a message to connect via messenger on here.

There are a lot of people in our shoes. I'm glad to hear, though, that you are persisting through dialysis and advocating and looking for solutions! They are out there!

what else have you checked out besides paired exchange? Do you mind my asking - was that through a center?

Have you heard of cross-match transplants? What center are you at?

August 2, 2021