General — TransplantLyfe

General

Infertility and Transplant

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
September 2, 2021 in General

Has anybody experienced infertility or pregnancy loss post transplant?

i know some people have gone on to have biological children - I’m curious if anyone has chosen not to or been unable to?

Tagged:

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

• ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

I remember being told it maybe hard to get pregnant if I wanted to post transplant.

September 5, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I chose to adopt my kids rather than try and get pregnant. Happy to talk more if you're interested!

September 8, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

My story is personal but I am willing to share it - since we are all in this together! I really wanted a baby before my transplant but my t1d prevented me from succeeding and that was good since I was in no way ready to be a mother - physically or mentally - I was a wreck physically - and my mind was focused on survival vs nurturing. Now, I am loving being a mother and after 12 IVF attempts we managed to create an embryo that was implanted into a gestational carrier / an amazing woman, and the result is my Lilla Liv! A journey full of ups and downs and many moments of despair and questioning - but we never gave up - I was fist on my own, then w my husband. He clearly helped although the man’s job is simpler I must say!

September 9, 2021