General — TransplantLyfe

General

How does the weather affect your mood?

KarinExpert
Transplant Patient
November 2, 2021 in General

I think sunny weather is good for all of us - rain makes me sad!

Tagged:

1 - 12 of 12 Replies

• SigEpSinfonian98Transplant Patient

I'm pretty sure the dreary cool weather definitely affects my mood. Maybe that's what's up with me today.

November 2, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I freaking love rainy weather! It’s my favourite. Give me rain and fog and I’ll be living my best life.

being super far North we do have days where the sun doesn’t really even come up and the darkness takes a real toll on me. I feel like temperature and light affect me more than any particular weather outside

November 2, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

I love cold weather, but want to be warm! Ever since my transplant, I can't seem to stay warm, so I always want a heated blanket or a fireplace. :)

I do long for sunny vacations though. It makes living in the Pacific Northwest bearable if we take a trip in the dark months.

November 2, 2021
  • Cecil74Transplant Patient

Cold weather reminds me of being trapped, inside during dialysis.

November 2, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

I love sunshine whether it’s 90 degrees or 20 just as long as the sun is out I’m happy. When it’s dark and dreary I find myself getting depressed and I have no desire to do anything. I do love a snow day, now snow brings out the kid in me!!

November 2, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

A good snow day is magical @Deb

November 2, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Yes! Rain makes me sleepy and I love trying to get warm in the cold. But this Texas heat makes me cranky!

November 3, 2021
  • hazzlerTransplant Patient

I definitely prefer sunny weather, especially my bones & joints! But I do have fond memories of cool, rainy days snuggled into a warm blanket.

November 3, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

so funny that someone else initiated a thread about weather after this post!!

November 5, 2021
  • KidneyhelpTransplant Patient

I live in Florida,grew up in New Hampshire and I get colder each year.I was going to move back up north in hopes of better medical help. I’m putting on long John’s to walk my dogs in 57 degrees weather.40 years ago I thought nothing of surfing New Hampshire in 28 degree water.2 years living with ckd I’m freezing al the time.

November 7, 2021
  • Piney1147Care Partner

If it's cold outside, I don't like it and I tend to get more tired. If it is sunny outside and warm, my energy level rises. I love the warmer weather.

November 16, 2021
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Agree with you @Piney1147

this time of the year it is hard to get me outside the door after dark!

November 21, 2021