General — TransplantLyfe

General

liver rejection (again)

brookegurradExpert
Transplant Patient
November 9, 2021 in General

Almost 2 months ago, I had a liver ultrasound and biopsy. I’ve had some worsening symptoms and we weren’t sure of the cause.

I’ve had 16 debilitating migraines this month, my fatigue has put me in bed more hours than I’ve been out of bed, and I’ve been nauseous and lost my appetite. I was worried something was very wrong with my liver.

I have a new name for a diagnosis I got two years ago: chronic ductopenic rejection. What’s it mean? That I have a shortage of bile ducts within my liver cells. It’s not a recurrence of my autoimmune hepatitis, but something different.

While I’m grateful for new language, I left my appointment discouraged because I wanted to have a little hope that my symptoms would be solved that day and they weren’t.

This chronic illness road sucks sometimes. My brain has so much inside it and so much it wants to accomplish, and my body just can’t keep up.

If I’m absent from social media, if you ask to hang out or text me and I don’t get back to you, it’s because I can’t. I’m reserving my small amount of energy for my husband and kids at this time.

This community is so precious to me and I’m glad I have you. ♥️

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

Oh friend, I'm sending you so much love. It is so hard sometimes. We'll always be here for you. Also, where is that sweater from because I need it in my life?

November 9, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

Sending all the positive and healing vibes!

Umm.. I also am loving this sweater! Where did you get it?

November 9, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

@ChefAmanda its an Etsy shop called GraceandBrace. They have amazing apparel!

November 9, 2021
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@brookegurrad just ordered one! We totally need to start a list where we trade the best shops to get stuff for the holidays. All the transplant gear I have and love are made by and/or recommendations from people here!

November 10, 2021
  • ChefAmandaTransplant Patient

@brookegurrad Thanks! I’m going to check them out and order me some stuff.

@AliEm14 Oh I love that idea!

November 10, 2021
  • DebTransplant Patient

@brookegurrad Wishing you positive healing vibes!!!

November 10, 2021
  • Piney1147Care Partner

Sending positive vibes!!!!

November 10, 2021
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

Thanks friends!

November 10, 2021