Care Partner — TransplantLyfe

Care Partner

How do you show appreciation to your healthcare providers?

Piney1147Care Partner
November 16, 2021 in Care Partner

In our house, we try to show appreciation at every visit to our healthcare providers but during this time of the year, we try to do something special.

To be a healthcare worker on a Transplant Team is something very special and they deserve love and recognition. I am so very grateful for my daughter's teams (past and current) and have been blessed to have met some amazing people.

My Amanda is a Chef so we have taken food plenty of times.

We am looking for suggestions.

Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

• Howanitz39Transplant Patient

Hi I just came across this discussion and when I was in the hospital for my transplant my mom would go to the store and get candy and cookies. I know you said that your daughter is a chef so that's great that you guys bring food. I use to volunteer at my local hospital and I know that the nurses and doctors are not allowed to take anything that was valuable of anymore then 50.00. One idea is maybe bring in a good kind of coffee and tea so they can make it . I did go to my local hospital that I was in all of 2020 and gave them money in a card so that the shifts could buy food I did not sign the card and left before any of the nurses could open it. I have not done anything for my transplant team because I never get the same person when I go in. And when I call my nurse I never get her I always get a different one but I do always say to whoever answers how much I appreciate them. Good luck 💚

February 11, 2022
  • I know this post is old but I think it should be looked at again. I think the simple more great way to show your transplant team appreciation is to show gratitude for the new lease on life and do our best to treat it with care. The second greatest thing I think it is fund raise for their efforts to find a cure or help other families at your center get the care their need during the transplant process.

February 20, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@authenticallyapril i love the idea of a fundraiser to say thank you. ❤️❤️

February 20, 2023
  • Philipjones17Transplant Patient

I do a number of things take them to dinner or cook dinner for them at home.. by them simple thank you gifts just out of nowhere to show appreciation

March 24, 2023
  • KouimetCare Partner

Our family has spent the majority of the last 12 years in the hospital for at least of our children. Our dialysis and transplant care teams have been a big part of our family life and many of them are still part of our lives today. We have brought in special treats and given little token birthday or holiday gifts, but one thing they love the most is personal notes from the kids with personal comments, jokes or pictures. My kids loved to "hide" notes or pictures in areas that the staff would find them later in the day. The focus was always on showing appreciation for care as well as personalizing it so each individual felt special.

April 24, 2023
  • ShelbycreatesTransplant Patient

@Kouimet that’s so sweet! I bet those notes totally brighten the medical team’s day! I know it would brighten my day. Love that.

April 24, 2023