General — TransplantLyfe

General

Sotromivab

AliEm14Expert
Transplant Patient
January 11, 2022 in General

Has anyone else heard about this from their transplant teams?

Apparently it's being used in transplant patients with covid, and has to be started within the first 5 days of their symptoms?

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

• DonnyCTransplant Patient

No, hadn't heard of it. Have only really heard about Evusheld being authorized as a prophylactic treatment for immunosuppressed/high risk adults. I'll ask my center what they're using for us if we get covid.

January 11, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient

Yes. I'll just attach image of the message Duke sent last week to transplant patients.

They also discuss Evusheld as well and will reach out personally if they feel you qualify.

January 11, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

@JimGleason_TRIO absolutely! Every body is different

January 13, 2022
  • KarinExpert
    Transplant Patient

Really great that you brought this up @AliEm14 - of course your team needs to be consulted @JimGleason_TRIO BUT they sometimes need a small gentle kick to act….

January 15, 2022
  • StephenCFTransplant Patient
    January 17, 2022
  • brookegurradExpert
    Transplant Patient

My team hasn't mentioned any treatments especially for transplant, but they did send out a letter saying "NO PAXLOVID"

January 17, 2022
  • AliEm14Expert
    Transplant Patient

I’ve never even heard of any of these other ones. The first one ever mentioned to me was sotormivab. It seems like every centre has their own protocol when treating patients. Which is fine but means it’s so hard to find anything consistent across the board

January 18, 2022